North State Bank Visa® debit cards can be used to make purchases anywhere Visa and STAR cards are accepted and offer the latest in debit card technology, including:
When transactions are processed using chip technology (also known as EMV), unique data is created for each transaction that cannot be used again. That means if a retailer’s payment processing data is breached, the debit card information on file cannot be used by the hacker.
Apple Pay is an easy, fast and secure way to pay for your purchases from select Apple devices. Using Apple Pay is simple:
- Add your North State Bank Visa debit card to the Wallet app on your iPhone®, iPad® or Apple Watch™.
- Look for the touch-free or Apple Pay symbol when you are paying for a purchase.
- Authorize your payment with the touch of a button, and you are on your way!
Apple Pay is available for many Apple devices, including:
iPhones version 6s and newer
Apple Watch paired with iPhone 6 and newer
iPad Air 2 and newer
iPad mini 3 and newer
Is Apple Pay secure?
Protecting your account information is our top priority. When you make a payment using Apple Pay, the card number is not shared with the merchant. Instead, a unique account number is generated for each transaction. Your name, card number and security code remain confidential.
How do I get started?
From your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch the Wallet app on your Apple device and select the plus icon.
- Enter your card information manually or snap a photo of the card.
- Verify the information and you are done! This process should only take a few seconds; however additional verification may be required by phone.
- If you have other cards stored in the Wallet app, set your North State Bank debit card as your default card by going to Settings, Wallet & Apple Pay and selecting Default Card. Once on the Default Card screen, select your North State Bank debit card.
From your Apple Watch:
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone 5 or 6 and select Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Select “Add a new Credit or Debit Card” and follow the prompts.
- Set your North State Bank debit card as the default card by opening the Apple Watch app on your smartphone and selecting My Watch. From there, select Wallet & Apple Pay and then Default Card. Once on the Default Card screen, select your North State Bank debit card.
For the most up-to-date information about Apple Pay, visit http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/.
Receive near real-time updates about your North State Bank Visa® debit card activity with Visa Alerts. This service is offered free of charge to all debit card users and is customizable based on your preferences. You can select alerts for any or all of the following:
- Purchases over a specified amount--for example, $50 or above.
- Card absent transactions such as payments made by phone or online.
- Card activity outside of the United States.
Each alert contains purchase information, including the amount, merchant name and location (if available) and the last four digits of the debit card number. Plus, you can select the communication style that best meets your needs, choosing from:
- Text messages
- Or both for extra security and convenience
Card usage time vs. when you receive the alert is dependent on wireless service and coverage within the area. Alerts service may not be available in all areas. Gasoline alerts may not include purchase amount. Account activity qualifying for Alerts service may vary by issuer. Additional restrictions apply.
Fraud Center uses advanced technology to review debit card transactions in near real-time. If a fraudulent charge is suspected, Fraud Center will contact you immediately. To make sure we can reach you quickly and easily, take a moment to confirm your mobile number and email address with your local North State Bank office.
HOW IT WORKS
|First, Fraud Center will send an email notification to the primary cardholder. The email will prompt you to reply “fraud” or “no fraud” to let us know if the transaction was authorized.|
|Next, if you do not respond to the email within one minute, Fraud Center will send a text message to the mobile number we have on file. The text will prompt you to reply “fraud” or “no fraud” to let us know if the transaction was authorized.|
|Then, if Fraud Center doesn’t receive a response to the email or text, you will receive an automated phone call prompting you to confirm or deny if the suspicious transaction was fraudulent. During this call, you will have the option to speak with a fraud analyst.|
Fraud Center will repeat these attempts to reach you until the possible fraud has been confirmed or denied. In some instances, your card will be blocked for use until Fraud Center receives your response. Fraud Center messages will not ask for your PIN or account number. Never give your account number or PIN out via text message or email.
The Fraud Center phone number is 1-800-417-4592 and it is open 24/7.
Report a Lost or Stolen Debit Card
To report a lost or stolen North State Bank debit card, call: 877.807.9668. If you reach a recording when calling the number above, contact: 866.546.8273.